Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July

If you know me, you know that I am very extremely passionate about politics.  I believe in the constitution and what it stands for.  Before Dennis's accident we would always go to the lake with our friends and of course it was always windy!  When we got off the lake we would ride in to town and go watch the fireworks in our small community, sometimes sitting in the boat.  When Dennis had his accident he was in the hospital on July 4th and it was one of the worst most depressing days of my life.  I knew our life would never be be the same and going to the lake was over.  I knew my friends were there now, because life goes on.  As I was sitting there with Dennis, who was out of it, two of our friends came to sit with me that day.  They were a gift given to me from God and I will always be grateful to them.  So now, with SCI you learn to have new traditions and different normals. Now we go to our friends and have a 4th of July party.  The kids swim and we eat and visit and have a great time.  God is good.


                                                      Much love, Cheri


5 comments:

  1. How eloquently put Cheri - new traditions and different normals. Beautifully put.
    It looked like a wonderful day and I adore the final image of you and Dennis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although life is very different it's great that you as a family can still have a good time. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. Your life has changed in a split second and I admire the way you cope with it and keep going. Must be so difficult. Greetings, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your attitude. Such change would be hard to deal with.

    ReplyDelete