Sunday, January 26, 2014

What about me, what about me, what about me!


If you read my previous blog you know this week has been a rough one.  We are never ready for someone we love to go before we feel it is time.  The events of the week didn't stop with Gretchen passing though.  The same day that Gretchen (as my husband puts it) changed her address to her heavenly home, my mom tripped over my dog and fell.  She lives with Dennis and me and watches over him during the day while I am at work.  I had to call the ambulance and we took her to Integris Bass Hospital in Enid.  Our doctor is in Uganda on a mission trip at the moment and we didn't know if she had a broken shoulder or not so we went on to the big city!  It's an hour away so Dennis's dad and our friend Max came over to sit with Dennis while I went to Enid.  My little brother met us at the hospital.  It is in the quiet of the car, alone and driving, satan can creep in and start to do his damage.  I decided that was a great time to have an all-out pity party.  I cried and wept and asked God what the heck was going on??  I can't handle all this at once, what am I going to do??  I am going to have to cook, I am going to have to feed Dennis and work and on and on. What about my work??  Do you see the common word here, it's I and me and my.  My favorite T.V. evangelist is Joyce Meyer and she says these words in a robot voice, "what about me, what about me, what about me."  So at the point I figured out I was a mess, d said to me in a very calming way, "settle down, trust me, praise me."   I put my praise C.D. in and I sang praise songs all the way to Enid.  Well, mom had a dislocated shoulder and is doing well, (after a little bit of stomach flu :\   ).  I am going back to work after taking 3 days’ vacation and we are going to do the best we can, one step at a time.  The biggest thing that I wanted to convey is that we have to trust and lean on God.  He gets us through every time and why is it so hard to turn to Him first..  When mom fell she was in so much pain and I told her just cry Jesus and she did.  I sat down beside her and we prayed and her awesome EMT people prayed and sang with her all the way to Enid.  You are an angel Rita!    In times like these we HAVE to put our trust in God for He is the only one who will get us through. 

 Toby decided to be guardian over our patient!   Much love, Cheri.

P.S.  I forgot to mention that during all this, Dennis's wheelchair acting up and we have to take him places in the manual chair.  Ready to start a new week!
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you have a tough time, can imagine you felt upset and alone with all the responsabilities on your shoulders. I hope your mother is well very soon again and wish you all the best.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awful for you Cheri. I believe we usually always start with the negative when emotions overwhelm us but do not condemn yourself because you did not stay in them. They are like a springboard to faith and you certainly testify to springing off that board. I am sure the cry in the car did you good to release some of your feelings. You are an inspiration. Where would we be without God! Blessings to you and thinking of you along with praying across the miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone once said things happen in threes. hopefully the broken wheelchair was the third...and things will get back to normal...or at least manageable for you.

    ReplyDelete