Friday, January 24, 2014

Sometimes blogs are hard.

Sometimes you don't know what topic to write on or how much to write about it.  My life is pretty much an open book and I try to give people a perspective about living with a quadraplegic that you wouldn't normally see.  But sometimes things are private and hurtful and the emotions are so painful that you don't know if there is a fine line that you are going to cross or not.  This week has been painful.  My sister-in-law Gretchen has passed away after a 2 1/2 year fight with cancer.  Gretchen loved life and she had a way of engaging everyone she met.  She was only 52 and she leaves behind her husband Alan and her children Karley who is 16 and Gavin who is 19.  She was way to young to go and these are the times when I ask God why?  I know that we will have the answers when we are all in heaven together, or maybe we won't have the answers and we just won't care when we are there rejoicing with Jesus.  But on this earth we want to rationalize everything and we are the ones left behind to grieve and carry on, it's not fair.  Life's not always fair but the one thing I do know is I want to be in heaven where all my loved ones are and I do know that I will see Gretchen again, I will see my friend Cathy again, my daddy, and the list goes on and on.  I also know that I don't want to take the chance of not seeing them again, so I will choose Jesus.  When Dennis was in the hospital God gave me this scripture and I have blogged about it before.  Psalms 30:5...weeping may endure for a night, but Joy comes in the Morning.  We have to hold on to that,  the joy of the Lord is our strength. 


                                                                 Gretchen Boyer
Much love, Cheri

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, Cheri. Some things are just so hard too express and sometimes impossible. The only thing that truely comforts at these times is knowing that we said "yes" to Jesus, and will once again see our loved ones happy and well. Prayers coming your way for comfort now and the hard days ahead. Cling to Him! Love and prayers, Velda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned Gretchen to me a long while ago Cheri and I am so very sad to hear she has lost her battle. It also hurts when it seems so many are going before you, and their time. Hang on to your faith dear girl, you will reap the rewards.
    Thinking of you, Dennis and your extended family during this most difficult and sad time.
    Hugs
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss, she is far too young to dye. Wish you all the best.
    Love, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry Cheri. Will be thinking of you. Must be a double difficult time for Dennis's Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May our Father embrace you during this hard times. He is there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cheri, how incredibly sad. So very sorry. Janey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, Cheri. My thoughts and prayers are coming for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a tribute to her, Cheri! God comfort her family and friends such as yourself. She is dancing and celebrating with Jesus now.



    ReplyDelete