Sunday, January 12, 2014

Quad Wife Confessions- Sundays


 
Let me start off by saying I love my church.  It has taken me some getting used to our new building because I loved that old Methodist church building.  Some of the best times on my life were in that old building.  Our kids grew up there, we sponsored many a junior high and high school dance in the basement, where my Sunday school class was also held.  But the new church is great and big and beautiful.  In the winter we don’t get to go as much since the weather plays a huge issue about how Dennis feels.  But he loves getting out among people and when we do get to go it lifts his spirit.  This is our beautiful church.







 

 

 
My Sunday always starts out with Satan whispering in my ear.  You don’t want to get up, it’s cold, this is your only day to rest,  etc.  Getting ready to go somewhere is a lot of work and I can easily talk myself out of it.  You have to shave, feed, brush teeth and dress.  Then I have to get ready.  Then I have to get  Dennis in the chair and situated.  This is where Satan does a number on us.  Dennis’s dad can put Dennis right in the chair no problem.  When I do it the cheek piece isn’t right,  then the left flap of the head array is in to close, then the right flap is out too far. I’m sure you get the drift.   I start to get really testy and my patience wears thin.  Again, it’s not Dennis’s fault , it is just frustrating for both of us and Satan can really use that to come against us on Sunday mornings.  Our church starts an hour earlier than the other churches in town,  so we have had to give up Sunday School altogether and I do not like being late for church.  But as always, God always gets us there on time and we are blessed once we get there.  Hebrews 10:25
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

This is one of my favorite pictures.  It's Dennis, before his accident, working on the floor of our new church building.


                                             Much love, Cheri

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely building. You are a a trooper surmounting all those negative feelings. Even without your very difficult situation I often find on a Sunday I get an overall feeling of wanting to stay in bed even though I know in my heart I want to be there. Has to be the enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me that our excuses don't hold a candle to yours. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheri,

    Not sure if you thought I wasn't visiting here anymore BUT I couldn't get to your blog. I kept getting a msg that your profile was private and Google wouldn't let me get any further. Thank you for putting that last comment on my blog - I clicked on your profile one more time and this time I got through !

    So I've gone back a bit to your Thanksgiving. Looks like you've had a couple of blessed celebrations, and despite life's challenges, God has provided ... again. Loving parents/grandparents who were faithful to his commandment to raise children to know Him, and a church family for support.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog occasionally and leaving a comment.

    A (belated) Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete